Rainbow over the minicipality

Rainbow over the minicipality

Wednesday 30 September 2015

Chinese Optimism.

Middle Age expanded my girth, and now I have reached Old Age, the increase has stopped.  Perhaps from now on I shall gradually shrivel, so that by the time I am 120 I shall be the size of a baby, with a head no smaller than it is, but a tiny torso and little, withered limbs.  I guess they might become thin, but not shorter, so I shall be like a baby with spider legs.  Only four spider legs. 

I still feel very optimistic.  This morning in the office, Ellen comments she felt like crying when she saw how much shares had fallen.  I promised her they would go back up, and told her that the Growcon panic was all a beat-up.  I always praise the Chinese Economy, "still growing strongly, they are still buying our iron and pharmaceuticals because our currency is weak and base metal prices are weak.  So is gold, and that astonishes me.  One day gold will go up again, once a speculative bubble starts, perhaps when other commodities are quiet and the big players are looking for the next boom.  Actually, I think the Peking Government is at war with the West, but it is an Economic War, wages subtly so the West does not recognise the tactics.  There must be people laughing in Peking, probably all men, or perhaps men and their concubines, laughing at how easy it is to make the world's share markets tumble, just by spreading rumours that the Chinese Economy is not doing well.  Actually, it is probably doing better than they let on, not worse.  They are not fudging the figures up to make themselves look good against the foreign belief that really they are not doing as well as they pretend, because that view is the result of false rumours started by the Chinese themselves, to cover up their great success and rapid rise to world supremacy.  Now prices are low, who is buying up the ownership of everything?  Properties, shares, everything.  One day we will all wake up and find that the world is owned and controlled by Chinese people, though a totalitarian government, like the ancient Tyrannies that most States were when Rome was experimenting with being a Republic.  Anyway, the point of this paragraph is that my optimist leads me to put aside this projection and openly praise the Chinese Government and foresee a time when Russia is on the rise again, Europe suddenly manages to get its act together, perhaps there is some sort of union in South America and Africa and their combinations become world powers to rival the USofA and China. 


No comments:

Post a Comment