Rainbow over the minicipality

Rainbow over the minicipality

Sunday 26 July 2015

It's a women's world.

It always strikes me as inconsistent with human nature than so many Xian or ex-Xian women want to make their entire lives part of the wider world inhabited by men and totally reject any type of feminine seperatism as suression and isolation.

I have experienced a few different cultures where men were excluded from the women's world, mostly in the home, where little bubbles of testosterone-free tranquility reigns.  There is a genuine sisterhood, with a hierarchy based on age and experience, not competition.  As a man, I have only seen glimpses of it, but I was prililaged to be invited into some family homes when I was living in rural Utrakhand in the central Himalayas, where there is an annual "Women's Festival" barred to and unknown to men; I watched its procession from across the river with all the men of the village who all professed utter ignorance of what it meant as none of their mothers, sisters, wives or daughters would tell them anything, since the days of the Puranas.  But I digress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment