Rainbow over the minicipality

Rainbow over the minicipality

Friday 20 October 2017

Art Movements

Don't get me started on Economics.  Over the years it has been one of the topics I have invented my own integrated, multi-dimensional systems to describe and explain.  I am a solitary, introverted person who spends most of my time in my head thinking.  I have very little to do with the rest of the world, these outings to the Theatre are quite a recent development, and actually writing my ideas is too time-consuming, tedious and pointless.

[Written to 45 Downstairs]

Frankly, I think you should make it free.  The problem is evening out attendance on the night, so people would need to book, which implies booking costs.  Public Transport should be free.  Museums found out years ago that if they were free they would have more people, and everyone spends more in the gift shop and food hall than they saved in entry-fee.  It is the same as the amount drunk at a function is less if it is free than if there are bar prices.
 
There have been many 'Art Movements' that were based on the concept of Art not being a commercial commodity, including fabricating 'Art Objects' that have a Capital Value as an Investment Asset, not that there is anything wrong with that because it does increase the market for 'Art', but it is not the meaning of what 'Art' is.  Giving people an opportunity to add a donation to their ticket is something that some Arts Organisations already do.  I am convinced that if the ticket was free with no booking fee, but there were options to add a booking fee and a donation, the end result would be more revenue, not less. 

Here is a prediction.  We are Astrologically nearly through the Cusp from the Age of Pisces to the Age of Aquarius, when we will live in a genuinely 'Free Society'; there are already signs of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment