Rainbow over the minicipality

Rainbow over the minicipality

Friday 4 April 2014

Scheme du jour.

My new idea to make millions is to be a Theatre Producer.  I know, I know, it is risky, but heck, a big return requires calculated risks.  If Jeany Pratt can do it, so can I.

First choice is the Sentimental Bloke, which I remember from my childhood and has never been repeated.  Australia is bound for another wave of National Sentiment and re-discovery of our identity, and I can be at the forfront of it.  Perhaps make Doreen aboriginal, oh no! that has been done in the new Wentworth.  All ways to get into the public consciousness.  It can be a big and popular show, playing to sell out audiences for months, filling unsold seats with the poor and incapacitated.  Not only would I play on the name "Doreen" with its associations with Prisoner and Wentworth, clearly the nature of our interpretation must be in accord.  There has never been a more heart-wrenching sound on Australian Television than Frankie's anguished cries for her girlfriend who had been taken away from her, and in whose arms she would not long thereafter die.  But that was a different Doreen.  I should first book a theatre, perhaps Her Majesty's in about two years.  Then sell presales.  It is all hype.  If not that show, then perhaps "The Maid of the Mountains" with a Reality Show to find the new "Our Glad". 

No comments:

Post a Comment