Rainbow over the minicipality

Rainbow over the minicipality

Friday 7 November 2014

Pluralism

"Pluralism thus tries to encourage members of society to accommodate their differences by avoiding extremism (adhering solely to one value, or at the very least refusing to recognize others as legitimate) and engaging in good faith dialogue. Pluralists also seek the construction or reform of social institutions in order to reflect and balance competing principles."

This from the WikiPedia entry on Pluralism.  Why have I only just discovered this concept?  I have read so much political theory, but never a mention of Pluralism, not that I can now recall.  Am I really losing my memory?   Am I discovering things I forgot?

New Whig long ago was advocating the Unity Government.  A single Cabinet made up of the best of both sides, all working towards the common good.  It happens during times of war, which we are perhaps close to now anyway, so should be prepared.

I am so seriously thinking of standing again for Parliament as I did twelve years ago.  If I felt really well I would.  I am so recovered from the pathetic trauma I suffered as a child that kept me introverted and lacking in initiative for over sixty years till just recently, thanks to Donovan and Alexandra.  Now I am ready to do the things I never could.  Perhaps just one chance to contribute one term to the future of Victoria. How I would change this state.  The three free Bs. Consensus rules.  Close identification with Country.  I have till next Friday.  I could again go to Malvern Central and just approach people.  I could walk up the street here.  That could be a hoot.  Anyway, I could do it.  Then get lots of publicity as the oldest candidate, especially as I have original ideas.

Mr O'Brien will resign if his party loses, in my opinion, and go into private enterprise where he could make a large fortune, before returning to Politics when the pendulum is about to swing back in his direction.  He might be pleased to be beaten by me, than hang around as an opposition, powerless anything for another term.  I would be doing him a favour.

No comments:

Post a Comment