Rainbow over the minicipality

Rainbow over the minicipality

Sunday 23 February 2014

This is new and exciting. My first attempt at a Blog.  I was going to call it "New Whig" after an old Facebook page I was the sole administrator, but it was taken.  I wonder by whom and what it looks like?  So this is my second choice.  It derives from my idea that local government has become too large since the amalgamations and actually the old councils should have been split up.  I think we need another level of "government" at the local, villiage-like level of a few houses clustered together.  I call it my minicipality.  So far, my immediate neighbours do not know about it, and might not agree with all my ideas, particularly about generating a local ecosystem to go with the minicipality.  In olden times, when a few families travelled together to a familial place, they would inhabit a small area and share resources.  There are already neighbouring lending systems, so this could be an extension.  Anyway, anything is up for discussion, particularly the idea that people are self-regulating at an immediate level of family, friends and surrounding neighbours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment