Rainbow over the minicipality

Rainbow over the minicipality

Saturday 24 September 2016

What a wonderful week!



What a wonderful week!


I cannot remember what I did last Sunday, stayed home and not much, I suspect.  But Monday we went to the Show, Billy, Edward, Scot and me.  I had not a twinge of pain anywhere, the first time ever at the show like that.  I bought a Cupie Doll  after all this time, but when they got Toffee Apples I did not, because Sixty Five years ago, or whenever, when I was perhaps six, I went with the cousins to the Show and they got toffee apples and I wanted one, but could not eat it and dropped it in a pavilion.  I recall the counters were above eye level, so I must have been small and young, perhaps only four or five.  Was that the same Show where I asked about the Cupie Doll and was told: no. some years I went with Mother, and we saw the Dressage, and some years with Father and we saw Red Indians one year and motor cycles another.  I think the Red Indians were genuine and were something special, though I didn’t know how special and rare in Australia they were, perhaps never again, but Father knew as he had lived in Canada.  None of them would go on a ride with me, but Billy and I did go through a scary walk-through that genuinely terrified me and had me screaming – I loved it.  He couldn’t get into it as much, just watching the performances, but I am practived at suspending dis-belief.

Tuesday?  How could I already forget?  Must have gone to the office, but think I left early.  Then what?
Wednesday, I met up with Barbara and had a really good day.  It seems so long ago, and is merging into the single memory of the multiplicity of visits, though each one is slightly different,  Thursday was the Office, and then changing for the Opera and meeting the Lawyers first.  It was another hectic day in the office, but I cannot recall what now.

Friday was the fourth appearance in the Federal Court and we won.  Then another good play Friday and here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment