Rainbow over the minicipality

Rainbow over the minicipality

Friday 23 October 2015

Music is very ancient and powerful



Music is very ancient and powerful.

Perhaps our hands developed their dexterity after we learnt to play music.  There are some Palaeolithic flutes made from pierced long bones.  Anyone who could play music must have attracted multiple sexual partners very easily and hence any genetic advantage in music playing

So, I imagine myself standing in a darkened place, on a small, circular platform that gradually rises, and above me is a circular opening that is brightly lit.  As I rise up into the space above, I start to hear the shouting.  I am now on a tiny, round stage in the centre of an enormous auditorium, surrounded by a quarter of a million people, on many level all the way round, and they are all shouting. 

Then rising up from around me, where a ring of dark space divided me from the cheering throngs, was a hundred and twenty piece orchestra that gradually rotated around me, but all I could hear was the cheering.  The lights were intense an kaleidoscopic but the brightest spots were on me.

The world was mine for the taking, and then I pissed my pants and woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment